Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

The Holiday Season is officially upon us once again.  I have been trying to form the words for my Thanksgiving blog for several days now without any success - I wanted to pen words of wisdom and inspiration.  But, I've scrapped that idea, and this morning I am going to write about the thing I am most  thankful for - my family.  We have been blessed with 5 wonderful children and 1 8/9 grandchildren and each and everyone of them has a special place in my heart.

Carissa is our oldest daughter - I am thankful for the relationship I have with Carissa.  We have found a special bond in the love of photography we share.

Craig is our oldest son - Craig brings his adventurous sense of fun to the family.  We share our love of the outdoors.  I love the way Craig loves completely in his own quiet way.

Blair has the biggest love and is the father of our grandson Gabriel.  I am so thankful that Blair has learned the joy of loving somebody unconditionally.  I love the respect Blair and I have for each other - most of all I'm thankful Blair thinks I can still take him!

Miss Anna is the mother of our grandson Aiden that will make his appearance any day  now!  I love Anna's huge love of life and her huge spirit.  Anna has an infectious happiness and will be a great mother.  I am thankful for the special mother daughter bond we have. 

Ryan is our youngest son but has the biggest sense of adventure!  Ryan has never been afraid of following his dreams.  Ryan has a fierce, sweet love for his family.  He has great dreams and a fierce desire to achieve them.  I am thankful that Ryan and I have grown to have the relationship we do today. 

As we bow our heads and give thanks today, I will be giving special thanks to God for giving me the gift of sobriety, this is the miracle has given me the family have life I have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment